Monday, May 13, 2013

My story

I follow a few blogs, I enjoy them.  After reading a friend's where her latest post encourages people to tell their story, I'm going to make a feeble attempt at mine. It may not be in order, it may not make sense, but it's mine. I have nothing to hide, no secrets to keep and people may not like me in the end, but, this is my story to tell and I'll tell it my way.

4 years ago, I was a wife. 
I was "happily" married; I was 32.
I was battling infertility.
I was on an adoption journey.
I was a full time 5th grade teacher.
I was in a masters program at Winthrop University.
I had a husband who was beyond supportive- or so I was led to believe.
I spent many nights begging and bargaining with God to make me a mom.

I thought I was in it for the long haul with the man I pledged my life to in front of God, our family, and our friends.  I would have moved heaven and earth for my husband and the children who were waiting for us.

What I didn't know was that I was on this journey alone..... my husband a fake, my marriage far from what I thought.

I am now 36.
I am divorced.
I am still infertile.
My adoption journey has been put on hold indefinitely.
I am still a full time 5th grade teacher.
I have a Graduate degree in Education (through it all, I graduated with a 4.0 by the way)
My ex-husband has a new wife.
I lie awake at night thanking God for His unanswered prayers.

I am no longer on this journey alone.

Everything I am is OK and I am OK with everything.

I am infertile.
I am infertile.
I am infertile.
I am infertile.

It has taken me a long time to own it...

I
am
infertile

but I am far from broken.





No comments:

Post a Comment